Saturday, September 17, 2011

PE5_Edublogs

I'm two days into really exploring Edublogs and I've discovered so much more! First, I have already found a solution to one of my previous issues in my last blog post. I mentioned how much time it took to link students' blogs together - now I see that I can change the privacy status of the blog where it is still private except for people who are logged in to Edublogs.


There are other options, but I feel this is the best option for my students. After all, the student links are not currently posted anywhere, and only classmates (or anyone I invite) can access their sites. There is also an option to post Edublog links to the Edublogs directory to broaden the student's audience if we choose to do so in the future.

A feature I've just discovered an am excited to try is embedding. It is very easy to embed video, quizzes, polls, and slides into a post. I tried embedding a survey into my technology class blog, and I was able to do it very quickly. I found an online survey, poll, and quiz generator called BooRoo and created a free account. Next, I created a quick poll to see what style of music students prefer to listen to. From there, I was able to get an embed code, which I copied and pasted into the HTML editing mode (which is just a click of a tab, even on Blogger), and published. When someone responds to the poll, they instantly see the results of the poll thus far. This is the survey I created - go ahead and take it!


What style/genre music do you prefer to listen to?

Rock0%
Rap0%
Pop0%
Alternative0%
Other: (Please specify)0%

Create an online survey quiz or web poll



I hope to use this feature in my RILS project with my students as a way for them to quickly respond to a classmate's post without necessarily having to make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment